Learn how to draw a great looking Wolf Face and Head with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Wolf Face and Head drawing.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Wolves are fierce predators that famously howl at the moon. Learn how to draw a wolf face and head to celebrate their wild nature.
Did you know that wolves howl to communicate with each other? They can howl to locate each other or warn other wolves about a threat. You can draw your own cartoon wolf howling at the moon.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
While you can’t have a wolf as a pet, this cartoon wolf is safe and friendly. Real wolves are the ancestors of domesticated dogs.
If you have a pet dog, you might have wondered if they still have wild instincts inside.
In any case, this guide teaches you how to draw a beloved member of the animal kingdom. A friend or family member might want to get this design tattooed.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Tribal Wolf, Snarling Wolf, and Chibi Wolf.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Wolf Face and Head
How to Draw a Great Looking Wolf Face and Head for Kids, Beginners, and Adults – Step 1
1. Start the eyes with two steep curves that point downward in opposite directions, like mirror images. Draw a circle underneath each curve. Sketch a smaller circle inside each shape, then cut out an even smaller circle for the highlight.
Close the shapes with curved lines. Draw lines between the eyes followed by short dashes.
Easy Wolf Face and Head Drawing – Step 2
2. Sketch more curved lines and dashes around the eyes like you’re drawing a full-body wolf. For the nose, outline a loose oval shape with a curl at each end.
Draw two loops underneath that shape that point to the left and right, then connect them and sketch a line in the center of the nose.
Easy Wolf Face and Head Drawing – Step 3
3. Sketch a round W-shape for the snout with a curve underneath.
Easy Wolf Face and Head Drawing – Step 4
4. Draw a line on either side of the snout, then sketch dashes over these lines and on the center of the forehead.
Easy Wolf Face and Head Drawing – Step 5
5. Outline rounded triangles for the ears. Connect them with a line, and add a curved triangle on each end.
Easy Wolf Face and Head Drawing – Step 6
6. Sketch a wide L-shape inside each ear, then use triangles for the inner ears. Add dashes on either side.
Easy Wolf Face and Head Drawing – Step 7
7. Use rounded triangles and swooping lines to sketch the wolf’s fur. The line should be loose and sketchy, like flames.
Add More Details to Your Wolf Face and Head Picture – Step 8
8. Repeat the previous step for the other side of the head.
Complete the Outline of Your Wolf Face and Head Drawing – Step 9
9. Draw dashes inside the wolf face and head to give the fur texture.
Finally, outline the wolf face and head in black. You can use an ink or calligraphy pen to make some lines thinner and sketchier than others.
Color Your Wolf Face and Head Drawing
Use different shades of gray to color your cartoon wolf. To shade the white parts, use light grey. Add dark pink for the insides of the ears and yellow for the eyes.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Wolf Face and Head Drawing Tutorial – Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you’re logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you’re still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).