Learn how to draw a great looking Monkey Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Monkey Face drawing.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Monkeys are some of the smartest mammals in the animal kingdom. Learn how to draw a monkey face at home with this easy guide.
If you’ve been to the zoo, you’ve probably seen a monkey. These animals share a lot of DNA with humans. Koko the gorilla famously learned how to use sign language and speak to her caregiver.
What do you think monkeys would say if they could speak human languages? They could tell us a lot about their lives in the forest.
Many researchers study monkeys, but we don’t know exactly what they’re thinking.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If this guide looks challenging, you can start with an easy cartoon monkey. However, you could also jump right into this guide.
You might surprise yourself by how much your drawing skills come naturally.
There are hundreds of monkey species in the world, but this drawing looks like the “classic” monkey that we all know and love.
Start with a pencil sketch, then outline your drawing and use paint, markers, colored pencils, crayons or paint to color your drawing.
Afterward, name your monkey and come up with stories for your jungle friend.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Banana, Tree Branch, and Sloth.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Monkey Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Monkey Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults – Step 1
1. Start with two hills with a curve between them. Add a cylinder on either side that resembles a snake.
Easy Monkey Face Drawing – Step 2
2. Connect the shapes with a curve, then draw circles with smaller circles inside them. The eyes should look similar to the eyes on a cartoon monkey.
Easy Monkey Face Drawing – Step 3
3. Draw a curve to outline the cartoon monkey face. Use wavy lines to connect the face to the shapes you drew earlier.
Easy Monkey Face Drawing – Step 4
4. Add two hook shapes for the nose. Make a curve for the mouth with a dash at the end, then draw two lines in between.
Easy Monkey Face Drawing – Step 5
5. Draw two loops on either side of the monkey face like the number 3. Sketch triangles between the eyes.
Easy Monkey Face Drawing – Step 6
6. Sketch dashes around the monkey face.
Easy Monkey Face Drawing – Step 7
7. To outline the head, draw an oval with three triangles at the top.
Add More Details to Your Monkey Face Picture – Step 8
8. Draw two loops on the right for the ear, then sketch curvy lines to give the ear depth.
Complete the Outline of Your Monkey Face Drawing – Step 9
9. Repeat the previous step, but flip the drawing like a mirror image. Congratulations! You’ve drawn a cartoon monkey head. Outline the entire drawing with a black pen or marker.
Color Your Monkey Face Drawing
Finally, color the face and ears light tan with darker tan for the shadows. Add dark brown for the eyes and the rest of the head.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Monkey Face Drawing Tutorial – Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you’re logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you’re still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).