Improve Your Drawing Skills with Printable Practice Sheets!
Learn how to draw a great looking Frog Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Frog Face drawing.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Vehicles, t-shirts, and stickers featuring smiling frogs conjure happy emotions and thoughts of summertime. You can brighten someone’s day with this frog face drawing.
Frogs are amazing animals. They are amphibians, meaning they spend time in water and on land. In fact, they begin their lives as legless, fishlike tadpoles.
Frogs have strong legs for jumping long distances. They also have a sticky tongue for catching insects. Some large frogs even eat small animals such as mice!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Frogs are also talented singers. They can be heard from a mile away! Male frogs have a balloon-like pouch under their chins that inflates, changing their appearance and amplifying their sound.
Cartoon frogs are also common in animation. Famous cartoon frogs include Kermit the frog, the singing frogs from Meet the Robinsons, Tiana and her companions from The Princess and the Frog, and the title characters of Frog and Toad.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Pond, Dragon Fly, and Swan.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Frog Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Frog Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults – Step 1
1. Begin the frog face outline by drawing its big, bulging eyes. Draw a diagonal oval for each eye.
Easy Frog Face Drawing – Step 2
2. Next, detail the cartoon eyes. Draw a large oval within each eye and a smaller circle inside it. Shade between them.
Easy Frog Face Drawing – Step 3
3. Draw a curved line from the top of each eyeball to form the eye sockets.
Easy Frog Face Drawing – Step 4
4. Connect the eyes with a curved line. Then, draw a series of curved lines from the bottom of each eye, outlining the side of the frog’s face.
Easy Frog Face Drawing – Step 5
5. Connect the two sides of the face using a long curved line. Then, shade two small ovals in the middle of the head. These are the cartoon frog’s nostrils.
Easy Frog Face Drawing – Step 6
6. Draw a short curved line above each nostril. Then, draw a long curved line across the bottom of the head, forming the mouth.
Easy Frog Face Drawing – Step 7
7. Contour the frog’s face with curved lines at the corners of the mouth, below the mouth, and between the eyes.
Add More Details to Your Frog Face Picture – Step 8
8. Draw small oval-shaped spots on the face – one on each cheek and near one eye.
Complete the Outline of Your Frog Face Drawing – Step 9
9. Complete your frog face outline by drawing more spots on the frog’s cheeks and brows.
Color Your Frog Face Drawing
Color your cartoon frog face. We’ve shaded ours with various greens and creams in a classic style.
But frogs aren’t just green. Poison dart frogs are often striped or spotted with black and neon green, electric blue, bright yellow, or strawberry red. Golden frogs are yellow and tomato frogs are red, as their names suggest. You can feel free to be creative!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Frog Face Drawing Tutorial – Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you’re logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you’re still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).