Learn how to draw a great looking Cow Face and Head with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Cow Face and Head drawing.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Cows are some of the most important farm animals. Learn how to draw a cow face and head so you can create your own farm, complete with a barn.
A single cow gives so much to humans. Farmers can milk them and drink their milk or use it to make cream, butter and cheese.
They also butcher cows for beef, which they can use for hamburgers, barbecues, stew and other recipes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If you live in a rural area, you’ve probably seen plenty of cows in person. They move slowly and graze from the fields. While most cows look the same, hundreds of breeds exist around the world.
Draw a cartoon cow face and head so you can have a pet cow at home. Maybe you can visit a farm to interact with a real cow one day.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cowboy Hat, Cartoon Pig, and Horse Head.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cow Face and Head
How to Draw a Great Looking Cow Face and Head for Kids, Beginners, and Adults – Step 1
1. Start with a hook shape on the left. Sketch a vertical curve, then add a horizontal curve to complete the shape. Draw two ovals inside the left eye.
For the right eye, draw a hill shape with a pointed top and a curved line underneath. Sketch two ovals again for the pupil.
Easy Cow Face and Head Drawing – Step 2
2. Draw an uneven line above the left eye, then add a curved line beneath the eye. Add a cylinder over the left eye and a stretched-out teardrop over the right eye. Use a wavy line for the patch.
Easy Cow Face and Head Drawing – Step 3
3. Draw a wide W-shape for the bottom of the snout. Sketch two curves above this shape, then connect them with a wavy line. Add a vertical line to connect the shapes.
Easy Cow Face and Head Drawing – Step 4
4. To outline the cow face and head, start with a curve on the right, then turn it into a wavy horizontal line. Draw two curves underneath the snout, and use teardrop shapes for the nostrils.
This should look similar to a cartoon cow drawing.
Easy Cow Face and Head Drawing – Step 5
5. Make a large teardrop shape for the ear. Inside this shape, sketch wavy lines to outline the folds of the ear.
Easy Cow Face and Head Drawing – Step 6
6. Repeat this process on the left side of the cow face and head.
Easy Cow Face and Head Drawing – Step 7
7. Add loose, sketchy triangles and curves on top of the cow’s head for a patch of hair.
Add More Details to Your Cow Face and Head Picture – Step 8
8. Use an oblong bean shape for the right horn.
Complete the Outline of Your Cow Face and Head Drawing – Step 9
9. Outline the left horn with a rounded triangle. Finalize your cartoon cow by outlining the entire drawing. Use a marker for the thick lines, and color the pupils black.
Color Your Cow Face and Head Drawing
Color your cow face and head reddish-brown with lighter shades for the snout and eye patch. Use dark brown for the hair and eyebrows and muted yellow for the horns.
Instead of black, use darker shades of each color for the shadows.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cow Face and Head Drawing Tutorial – Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you’re logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you’re still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).